In the last few weeks with Kyle we have been making the backbone to our websites. The first week was relatively simple with just creating and organising the project files. This week I came to a slight halt when trying to connect our PHP to the database. The concept is that whatever is input into the username and password form will then be shown in the database. It may sound simple but I just couldn’t get the two to link together.
As you can see in the image above I was finally able to get the two linked together as you can now see data in the user and password fields. The image below shows the reason why I was able to connect my database. I tried to narrow what might be the main problem and found the two were in fact connected but any data being input in the form wasn’t showing up. I was missing the code between lines 10 and 17, meaning that the now the data input into the form would show in the database.
The ‘echo connected successfully’ code on-line 15 was what I used to narrow my problem. When pressing submit on my form this would display next to the form meaning that it had connected to the database. When try a ‘echo input successfully’ it did not display’. This has given me quite a bit of confidence as I was able to find the issue without having to ask Kyle.